Competitor keyword analysis is a broader part of keyword research. It analyzes search terms that bring visitors to your website via organic or paid search. Only researching keywords is not enough, you need to understand the landscape better, so that you can:
- Seek the competitive nature of various keywords that come handy for both SEO and PPC
- Determine the ROI of the keywords that you may plan to use
Especially with a thorough competitor keyword analysis, you will also be able to seek keyword opportunity gaps. This helps in creating a more cost efficient SEO campaign. This helps in improving conversions and let you seek new markets and optimize your marketing budget as well. you may also need to use Google Ads Keyword Planner ahead.
Where to Start?
This analysis will be an important part of your marketing campaign as a whole and will offer the necessary data required to create an amazing SEO strategy. In the beginning of your competitor analysis, ask yourself the following questions:
- How do I categorize my business?
- What kind of keywords are associated with my brand?
- How to ensure that the keywords rank well?
- How to gain the highest ROI?
Once you have the answer to the question listed above, you can begin with your competitor keyword analysis.